Menu

More Starfall

Osmosis Mom

:lurk5:

My 4 year old found it the other day. He and my 6 year old had a lot of fun with the demo so far (playing it for several days). I'll probably purchase it soon. It seems to have quite a bit. You can even download mp3s and such from it, which I thought was neat. I like that it's also added a math section.

I haven't compared it to other similar sites though. I've always used regular starfall for my kids (my oldest learn to read just from doing that and me reading to him). They've loved it.

So is it too young for a non-reading 6 year old? He navigates around Starfall pretty well, but is bored with the offerings. Or maybe I don't sit with him enough when he does it. It just sounds like a lot of you use it with a 3 yo.

My reading-above-grade-level 6yo enjoyed the demo. I wouldn't buy it *just* for him, as he'd not learn anything from it, but my 4 year old who is just starting with CVC words will definitely get something out of it, and I think a non-reading 6yo would too. There is plenty to try out in the demo, so let him play with it and see if he likes it? Seriously, my kids played with that demo for the last week... alternating between that and noradsanta.org (for the games... and my 4 year old liked the "reindeer's legs moving" :lol:).