Menu

This must be a Christmas miracle

I never thought I'd see the day.

My brother and one of my sisters, who happens to be my best friend, haven't spoken in quite some time. I'd say 15 years or more. There is very bad blood between them.

I myself had not seen my brother in 9 years until I took my girls to go see him and his family in Oregon in October. It wasn't that we "weren't speaking" before then, we just didn't. We had an amazing visit and have spoken on the phone and texted regularly since then.

Last night my sister asked me for my brother's phone number, so I gave it to her. She called him. I was kind of worried that my brother might be mad, so when he called a little while later (before she even called to report on how it went) he said "I just got off the phone with K." And I said "yeah, I gave her your number and if you're mad at me I'm really sorry." He said "No, it was a great conversation and I'm really glad you did." She felt the same way.

Wow. I'm overjoyed, and it didn't even directly have anything to do with me. Except that when it's family, I guess it always does, somehow. Oh...and my mother is over the moon thrilled! She cried.

The point? You never know. So in response to a thread from earlier this week, yes, I suppose people really can change.