Menu

Great quote about computers in the school

mims

I couldn't believe they actually said this!

Parents who worry about kids using computers should learn to trust the educational system, which already knows about the dangers of too much screen time, especially for younger kids, said another expert who worked to initiate a laptop program in Maine schools.

“Schools are in the business of telling kids what to do, where to go, what to eat. They can determine, definitively, how much time a student should spend. These should be concentrated bursts of time that students spend and that time should be unlocking more information about things they are interacting with in class.†said Tom Davidson, CEO of curriculum company EverFi and a former

Maine legislator.

Here is the link to the rest of the article which isn't quite as bad.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/12/21/great-parenting-debate-school-kids-computers/?test=latestnews

Parents who worry about kids using computers should learn to trust the educational system, which already knows about the dangers of too much screen time, especially for younger kids, said another expert who worked to initiate a laptop program in Maine schools.

“Schools are in the business of telling kids what to do, where to go, what to eat. They can determine, definitively, how much time a student should spend. These should be concentrated bursts of time that students spend and that time should be unlocking more information about things they are interacting with in class.†said Tom Davidson, CEO of curriculum company EverFi and a former

Maine legislator.

Here is the link to the rest of the article which isn't quite as bad.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/12/21/great-parenting-debate-school-kids-computers/?test=latestnews

Oh. my. Not too smug are we? :tongue_smilie:

“Schools are in the business of telling kids what to do, where to go, what to eat. They can determine, definitively, how much time a student should spend. These should be concentrated bursts of time that students spend and that time should be unlocking more information about things they are interacting with in class.†said Tom Davidson, CEO of curriculum company EverFi and a former Maine legislator.

:lol: This strikes me as funny. And to think, I've been waiting all this time for the public schools to define anything. :001_huh: