Menu

Where should we go in August?

We are wanting to rent a cabin somewhere cool for the month of August. We live in the Dallas area, and will be driving, and we'd like to drive it in a day if possible.

We're looking for a place with lots outdoor activities as well as some nice civilized things to do - restaurants, shopping, outdoor theater.

Anyone have suggestions? :auto:

Beach or mountains?

We've done both and have had wonderful times, just depending on what we desire that year. I'm sort of craving mountains this year. It's a long drive, but certainly do-able in a day. Consider Estes Park or Winter Park for mountains. Skip Texas for the beach, IMO. Go further east.

Beach or mountains?

We've done both and have had wonderful times, just depending on what we desire that year. I'm sort of craving mountains this year. It's a long drive, but certainly do-able in a day. Consider Estes Park or Winter Park for mountains. Skip Texas for the beach, IMO. Go further east.

Well, we want to go someplace cool for the month, so no beach. We're looking for a break from the heat. We've skied Winter Park several times, so I guess that would be okay. Do they have much as far as "cultural" activities? How about Estes Park?

http://www.estesparkresort.com/activities.asp

We went hiking, picnics, day at WInter Park Resort, summer in the park band performances, etc. Daily ice cream :)

We rented a cabin through vrbo.com or vacationhomes.com Prefer house over hotels for our family. We were actually talking about Estes Park over dinner tonight. Time to consider a brief vacation!