Menu

Yet Another Christmas Gift Dilemma

This year I had the privilege of making several new friends. Next Monday I'm having dinner to celebrate Christmas with one particular couple, and my kids will be joining us (they have not yet met my children). We haven't decided if it will be at someone's house or at a restaurant.

I'd like to offer this couple a small combined gift for Christmas. Normally, I'd select a good bottle of wine and call it a day. That won't work this time, though, because I know that he drinks wine but she doesn't.

I can't thing of a single thing that would be appropriate as a combined gift (buying separate gifts seems.....I don't know....too much, or something).

Please, please give me some suggestions of something that would be a nice "couples" gift!

Oh...one thing that we joke about often is how he loves cold weather and she loves hot. I was thinking I might be able to find a coffee table book of beautiful places to visit in the U.S. to play off of that theme, but a) they can be pricey, and b) I don't have a lot of time!

Help!

I'm not creative when it comes to these things, so keep that in mind.... What if you make a hot chocolate kit (mug, chocolate, marshmallows, etc.) for him and a lemonade kit for her. Put them in the same basket and write out something funny about their difference in weather preference on a Christmas card.

Oh....I love that!

P.S. And how funny is it that your screen name is "ExtendedForecast?!?"