Menu

Seeking: Slushy, Frozen-y, Alcoholic Punch

Anyone have a yummy, frozen, make-ahead punch with liquor in it? I want something that makes a big batch, that is made ahead and frozen, and then defrosted into something slushy before it is served. Might be that the liquor is added before or after it is thawed. Or that ginger ale is added after it is thawed. Something pretty and festive? But not egg-noggy.

TIA!

Ooo, this is the stuff. My parents used to make it for parties. I need to make some to have in the freezer for Christmas.

Brandy Slush

Boil 7 c. water and 2 c. white sugar

Cool slightly

Boil 2 c. water and steep 4 black tea bags (you can also do it without the tea and then don't need to boil the water)

Cool slightly

Mix water/sugar solution, steeped tea solution, with 12 oz. can frozen lemonade and a 12 oz. can frozen orange juice. Add 2 1/2 c. brandy.

If it's cool enough, I've then poured it into an ice cream bucket with lid and put it to freeze. Or, other recipes say to put it in a 9 x 13 pan.

When it's frozen, you scoop out however much you want into a cup, then fill the rest of the way with lemon-lime soda. I suppose it would work just as easily in a punch bowl, though. Other recipes say a 2-liter bottle of soda to one recipe of slush.

Erica in OR

My mom always made lime-ade slushies. She would buy those little (half the size of a frozen orange juice is the only size they come) lime-ades, and mix them with blenderized ice and vodka. Everybody loved them.

I imagine that would be festive for the holidays - especially since it is a pale green.

a