Menu

A concise American History book

Ann.without.an.e

DD12 hasn't had American History (long story). She reads a ton and has picked up quite a bit from reading. I would love an interesting, accurate, single volume that she can read through before going into Omnibus 1 next year (which will start her again in the Ancients).

She is 6th grade, but her reading level is high. Last year's test put her at a 12th grade level. Any thoughts?

All American History....sounds like your "wants" to a T. Although two volumes, but she could probably get through Vol 1 at least.

I'm not the OP, but I'm also interested in this. Do you need the teacher's guide and student activity book for All American History?

Thanks,

Jean

You would definately want the Student guide for AAH. There are little worksheets that go with each lesson. The purpose is to have them fill in the worksheets AS they read....kind of like note-taking.

The TG is not mandatory. It does give notes for discussion questions, anwswer for the worksheets and a great list of books to read that go along with topics. But I find I really only use it for the book list.

ps. I happened to have AAH Vol 1 for sale..we are on Vol 2 now. I have the Student Reader and TG, asking $18ppd. PM if interested.