Menu

Lego sale? I missed the big ones....

I missed the buy 1/get 1 at 50 percent off sale at ToysRus.com (well, I actually got the two things my lego man really wanted into my cart before I was distracted. When I went back a few hours later they were sold out.)

Is there any other way to get some nicely discounted legos?

PS--he likes power miners and space police.

TIA

At the moment, Barnes & Noble sells LEGO sets online - they have a 30% off the purchase of one children's item (toy, book, etc.). If you set up an account with the site FatWallet.com, and click through their link to shop at B&N, you'll also get back 5% (as cash) of your purchase (not including tax or shipping) in your account.

Also, Amazon.com has a variety of LEGO sets priced 10-33% off on their site...to find the list, click to the Cyber Week Deals page, click on the left sidebar for Toys & Games and then scroll down about half-way and you'll find a link to "learn more" about LEGOS for up to 33% off.

Those are two options I know of that are pretty good right now. Since we're heading into Christmas, I'd speculate that Toys R Us may run the BOGO 50% off again - but it may actually be better to find a different deal somewhere else if you're not buying two sets?

Hope this helps!

Target has some great deals on Legos this week, plus their base prices are generally lower than Toys R' Us. For example, a set my mom bought at TRU was $45 & excluded from the sale (no Star Wars). Same set was $40 regularly @ Target & is $27 on sale this week.

Target has some great deals on Legos this week, plus their base prices are generally lower than Toys R' Us. For example, a set my mom bought at TRU was $45 & excluded from the sale (no Star Wars). Same set was $40 regularly @ Target & is $27 on sale this week.

This is true. TRU usually prices their LEGO sets a couple dollars over retail. So, potential LEGO shoppers, check retail prices at Legoshop.com before buying elsewhere so you know the base price.

If you join the Barnes and Noble Kids Club, you'll receive a coupon good for 30% off any kids' purchase, including toys. Their prices aren't usually that great, but sometimes you can get lucky. Also, because they can be pricey, sometimes they have the hard-to-find items that are sold out at other stores.

Cat