Menu

HELP! Color Oops!

okay, I went and got my hair dyed yesterday. I wanted close to my original color, mainly wanted to cover up the gray. Well, that happened! I went from a dark blonde to a dark brown. DO.NOT.LIKE.IT. NOt natural looking at all, expecially considering I have light eyebrows. After looking on the internet for suggestions, last night I washed it with Dawn dish soap and then washed again in the shower. It did lighten, but still brown. I have read about Color Oops! and while most people it helped, a few turned their hair orange or bright red. As bad as this color is, it is better than orange or red! So, if you have used Color Oops or have other suggestions, PLEASE send them this way. This was a wash out, semi-permanant color, so it was only supposed to last 6 weeks. BUT, we have alot of functions the next six weeks, and I really don't want to go like this.

Another question is, IF I ever try this again, are the home ones easy to do. I can not spend the kind of money I did to do this. I looked at the ones at the store and there are so many different colors. How do you pick? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm so tired this morning, and disclaimer don't dye my hair. But my mom and sisters do theirs.

I think...they can use a toner of some sort.

(Others with actual experience chime in here.) Take heart, it can be fixed.;)

how do they lighten it? do they die it a lighter color? Can you do this over this dye?

Yes, don't worry, they can fix it and should for free. I used home die once and it turned my hair rad even though the color I chose was not red at all. I only get mine done at the salon. They tell me there is no way to die my hair at home without the red tinge showing up. I don't know if that's true or not but I wouldn't know how to figure it out and try it. I'd love to just be able to die it myself at home. :confused:

1) Call the salon to get their take

2) Color Oops! works great. Ds dyed his dark blond hair black (w/o permission) and while it didn't take out all the color, he looked more like his natural color. You have to use it w/in about 4 days for the best results though.