Menu

Remind me how to cancel Amazon Prime?

I've clicked on prime, I've gone to my account and clicked on Manage Amazon Prime under two headings, and both lead me to a page where I can adjust my 1 click settings and add friends and my birthday, but I can't find where to cancel it. I did read their agreement, and I have to notify them by Dec 8th. I swear I did it without sending them an email a couple years ago.

Anyone remember how to do this??

Thanks

Your Account/Settings/Manage Prime Membership

You should see a button that says Do Not Upgrade. That's what you click in order to cancel the auto-upgrade (i.e., prevent the upgrade of your free trial to a regular Amazon Prime membership). It won't say cancel unless you're already a regular (paid) Amazon Prime member.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_primeland_manage_cxl?nodeId=200444180#cancel

Edited by WordGirl

Your Account/Settings/Manage Prime Membership

You should see a button that says Do Not Upgrade. That's what you click in order to cancel the auto-upgrade (i.e., prevent the upgrade of your free trial to a regular Amazon Prime membership). It won't say cancel unless you're already a regular (paid) Amazon Prime member.

I've read the page 20 times. No Do Not Upgrade, no Cancel.

I'm on the brink of emailing them.

Under Manage Prime Membership, it shows me when I've paid for Prime membership (on new page). It shows when I'll renew and there's a "Do Not Renew" button.

Then there's a big blue box that has "cancel membership" and information on how canceling works.

The prime membership can also be shared with family members, so that can be nice.

If you're on a trial account and don't have these settings, I've always had very good help when contacting amazon. I've worked with them via email alone and had them call me. Very good service every time.

I actually e-mailed them last week about my trial Prime membership. I wanted to make sure that they didn't automatically renew the membership and charge my credit card. They sent me a helpful e-mail back and confirmed that it would not be automatically renewed.

It's very frustrating that they got rid of buttons that would allow us to see this information for ourselves. I spent several minutes looking before I e-mailed them.

Lynne