Menu

How long should I cook a roast in a slow cooker?

Thank you, Ellyndria and Elizabeth. I think we are just going to cook it with celery, carrots, and onions and beef broth for the liquid. How much liquid should I use?

I cook mine for four hours on high, then turn it on low. When it falls apart with a fork, it's done. If it's tough, cook it longer.

I place thickly sliced onions under the meat to keep it from sticking, then stuff carrots and potatoes all around and on top of the meat. I add a cup of beef broth.

Thank you, Ellyndria and Elizabeth. I think we are just going to cook it with celery, carrots, and onions and beef broth for the liquid. How much liquid should I use?

First I season the meat with salt and pepper, then I brown it in a hot, hot frying pan.

I place thickly sliced onions on the bottom of the crock to keep the meat from sticking, place the browned roast on top of the onions, then stuff carrots and potatoes all around and on top of the meat (I hadn't thought of celery, but that would be delicious!). I add a cup of beef broth, maybe mixed with a splash of A-1 steak sauce and/or Worchestershire sauce.

I cook mine for four hours on high, then turn it on low. When it falls apart with a fork, it's done. If it's tough, cook it longer.

First I season the meat with salt and pepper, then I brown it in a hot, hot frying pan.

I place thickly sliced onions on the bottom of the crock to keep the meat from sticking, place the browned roast on top of the onions, then stuff carrots and potatoes all around and on top of the meat (I hadn't thought of celery, but that would be delicious!). I add a cup of beef broth, maybe mixed with a splash of A-1 steak sauce and/or Worchestershire sauce.

Thanks for the tips, Suzanne. I am going to cook it tomorrow. I had wanted to make it today, but we were unexpectedly out all day.