Menu

Another IEW question (TWSS vs. SWI)

Stacia

Am I correct in understanding that the TWSS is basically the entire program, directed for the teacher (me) and the SWI is basically the entire program (like TWSS), but directed to the student (my child)?

Getting one would be sufficient, correct? I really like the idea of ordering SWI B & watching it along w/ my dc & helping as needed from there.

Thanks for any replies. I know you IEW folks must get tired of answering all the IEW questions, lol!

TWSS is the whole program. SWI may or may not be, depending on the level. There are a total of 9 units. Here's what is NOT covered in the different levels.

SWI-A: does not cover Units 6,8,9

SICC-A: (starts at Unit 3) covers only one model of Unit 8; does not cover Unit 9

SWI-B: does not cover Units 8,9

SICC-B: (starts at Unit 5) covers only one model of Unit 8

SWI-C: does not cover Unit 9

SICC-C: covers everything else

There's also differences in which banned words, dress-ups, etc. are covered.

If you have the catalog, there's a nice chart of all this on pages 4 and 5. I could not find it on their web-site.

I have TWSS and SWI-A and use both.

TWSS is very helpful for the teacher as he goes into detail about how to teach the program- stuff you might not "get" just by watching the SWI's with your child. An analogy: watching a magician do tricks for your child is not the same as watching the magician show you how to do the tricks. I think both are necessary. I didn't used to think so, though. YMMV.

The TWSS in my opinion is definately worth it, it teaches so much more than the SWI (which we love but if budget is tight this is what I'd skip) Also Our TWSS came with some sample cd's for all three levels and they were basically the older SWI's..the video, was not as smooth transitionally, and clothes older..that's it. They must have updated the videos fixed a few kinks and now give copies of the old away with the TWSS. Your child can enjoy the adult ones too (mine do) He is a great teacher and fun for kids...It comes with a "dishwasher" moneyback garantee--return it if not satisfied even if you run it thru the dishwasher..they'll give you your money back.