Menu

Butter vs. Margarine

Amen! And if you take the cod liver oil - get it from Carlson's. (They test for toxic metals like mercury).

We all 5 take Carlsons Cod Liver Oil daily.

We buy the Lightly lemon chewable capsules for everyone except the 5yo.

He takes Nordic Naturals strawberry chewables.

I actually crave them!

My husband thinks I'm mentally ill.......

He may be right.........:)

Dawanna

I would like to know if butter or non-hydrogenated margarine is more healthy. I remember learning in school that they have the same amount of calories, so I mainly want to know which is healthier overall. We used to eat only butter, then got margarine, then switched to non-hydrogenated margarine. We still use butter once in a while, but if butter really is better for you, then, I'd like to start just buying butter again.

Thanks!

Colleen

No Salt Butter, that's all I buy.

Isn't it strange how our bodies are all so different? After following a low fat "healthy" diet for about 6 months, my cholesterol was over 300. I went back to Atkins, and in two months my total cholesterol dropped 100 points, while my good cholesterol was over 70 (average is 30).

So in our house, it's butter (although I don't use it that much); in fact, it's Plugra butter only, which is pricey.

Same here -- normalized blood sugar, great cholesterol, but more importantly, I don't feel like I need to sleep all afternoon after lunch.

It's butter and olive oil here. We were raised on margarine, but as soon as all the kids were out of the house, my mother started buying butter.

As far as the expense, butter is one thing I buy no matter what the price is.

I prefer butter since I know what is in it! I don't use much though because it can be substituted for healthier oils, in so many cases. I find the major cause of butter consumption is on toast, so we don't often eat toast, or try and provide peanut butter or something that doesn't require a buttery underlay. Really, the only thing you really need butter with when having toast is vegemite and you Americans don't eat that.

:)

Rosie