Menu

Have you used, A JourneyThrough Grammar Land?

NaturalMomma

We started with this at the beginning of the year. We have since dropped it for The Sentence Family. It was ok. The one thing the girls did not like is that the chapters were a little long for them. There is a blog that has printable worksheets to go along with each chapter. My girls are very hands on and artistic so the sentence Family had been a much better fit for them. However, I enjoyed Grammarland!

• 2 months later...
We started with this at the beginning of the year. We have since dropped it for The Sentence Family. It was ok. The one thing the girls did not like is that the chapters were a little long for them. There is a blog that has printable worksheets to go along with each chapter. My girls are very hands on and artistic so the sentence Family had been a much better fit for them. However, I enjoyed Grammarland!

Hi thowell,

We just started Grammarland and I was wondering if you had a link to the blog with the worksheets. Thank you!

Yes. Dd7 loves it. The worksheets on the We Don't Need No Education blog have been helpful.

We used it when DD was 8, prior to MCTLA. She liked the humour and quirkiness, and we worked through it orally so it made a great book for snuggling up together.

You gals are using this for kids ages 7 and 8?? I thought this was more for grades 5 and up (Rainbow Resource says 5th - 7th). :confused: