Menu

Does anyone have sheet music for In Flander's Fields?

My daughter wants to play this for our TOG Year 4, Unit 1 Unit Celebration and we can only find it for close to $15.00 online. I really don't want to pay that, or anything if I can help it! :tongue_smilie:

She really likes the version by John Jacobson. If you know of a piano book that has it, you have one you are willing to give away or sell or you know somewhere online where she can get her hands on a copy, PLEASE help me.

Thanks!

My daughter wants to play this for our TOG Year 4, Unit 1 Unit Celebration and we can only find it for close to $15.00 online. I really don't want to pay that, or anything if I can help it! :tongue_smilie:

She really likes the version by John Jacobson. If you know of a piano book that has it, you have one you are willing to give away or sell or you know somewhere online where she can get her hands on a copy, PLEASE help me.

Thanks!

Has she ever heard it played properly?

I would never want to play it for a celebration. Perhaps the Belgian national anthem, but not Flander's Fields. It is so incredibly, horribly sad.

Edited by asta

I would never want to play it for a celebration. Perhaps the Belgian national anthem, but not Flander's Fields. It is so incredibly, horribly sad.

A unit celebration in TOG is a gathering where users of TOG exhibit what they have learned during the unit; they also may do some recitation, interpretation, music etc; there is often food involved as well. It's not necessarily a party.

A unit celebration in TOG is a gathering where users of TOG exhibit what they have learned during the unit; they also may do some recitation, interpretation, music etc; there is often food involved as well. It's not necessarily a party.

Thank you for clarifying that. Yes, we are not celebrating the fact that so many have died in wars, we are simply coming together at the end of a unit to have a completion party. TOG calls it a unit celebration.

We have been focusing on WWI during this unit and my daughter is very moved by what she has learned about and wanted to play this song on the piano while singing it. She has written a small book of sorts about WWI and this poem is included in it.

I don't pretend to know anything about sheet music...:tongue_smilie:

But I found it at sheetmusicplus.com for $1.53

HTH...I think "In Flanders Fields" is beautiful...what a tribute to the memory of those who served.

Yes I know, but they make you purchase a minimum of 6 and then charge you shipping and handling on top of that. It is a tad bit frustrating.

Oh.

I've been to Ypres (my family is Belgian). It is so truly awful I can't put it into words.

a