Menu

How do you use Primary Challenge Math?

Dinsfamily

I just got Primary Challenge Math (Zaccaro) in the mail and it looks great. My ds is cruising through Singapore PM 2B and I can see that level 1 will be fun for him. I'm just curious to find out how this book has worked for others.

So...

How often do you use it?

How was the progression through the levels?

How did it last?

TIA,

When I did that one with my kids, I just flipped around to the different topics I wanted to cover. I don't remember it being a progressive book, but an organic one. So, just pick a subject and go!

Also, you might find that your kid can't do the Einstein problems, so you can always do level 1 or 2 of each chapter and save the harder problems for later.

It is an amazingly flexible book.

PS... I didn't answer your specific questions....sorry.

I used it whenever I felt like it. I used it when we needed a break from our normal math. I used it off an on for 2 years. I had no actual "plan" for it. I would say that if I had to pin it down a bit I would do a chapter or two a month, dependent on other stuff. I held off on getting any more Zaccaro books until our HS convention, as he will be there (and speaking) and I wanted to purchase directly from him (and pick the best book for this part of our HS journey).

Edited by radiobrain

When I did that one with my kids, I just flipped around to the different topics I wanted to cover. I don't remember it being a progressive book, but an organic one. So, just pick a subject and go!

Also, you might find that your kid can't do the Einstein problems, so you can always do level 1 or 2 of each chapter and save the harder problems for later.

It is an amazingly flexible book.

PS... I didn't answer your specific questions....sorry.

I used it whenever I felt like it. I used it when we needed a break from our normal math. I used it off an on for 2 years. I had no actual "plan" for it. I would say that if I had to pin it down a bit I would do a chapter or two a month, dependent on other stuff. I held off on getting any more Zaccaro books until our HS convention, as he will be there (and speaking) and I wanted to purchase directly from him (and pick the best book for this part of our HS journey).

Thanks, it does look flexible. I do think we'll just go through and work through levels 1 and 2 for now. Ds is going to finish 2B way ahead of my schedule so we'll have a lot of math time on our hands soon. I'm interested to hear what you think about his other books when you get a chance to look through them.

I finally pulled the trigger on ordering this book today...so this is a(nother) bump :D

Bill

That's what I did last week. I really like the look of it now that it's here. Ds wants to sit down and tackle it immediately...of course.