Menu

Favorite chocolate?

Lindt Dark. :)

One night, several years ago, I asked dh to stop on his way home from work and get some pms chocolate for me.

Do you know what the man brought into my pms house?

Tootsie Rolls!

Me: "No, really. Where IS the chocolate?"

Dh: "Look how much you get!"

Can you believe that? He thought chocolate = tootsie rolls?!!

He has since confirmed with many pms types that Tootsie Rolls are NOT chocolate to a woman with pms. As if my reaction wasn't enough to convince him. :D

Yes, my DH has learned that mini Baby Ruth bars with their nasty, waxy, flaky chocolate do not cut it here. Not even if they are on the Halloween clearance shelf.

Ah you beat me to it! LOVE LOVE LOVE Fazer. My husband served an LDS mission in Finland and got me hooked on it. And Amazon sells it now :svengo:I used to have to order it slow-boat from the UK!

If I can't have Fazer, I'd say Dagoba is a close second, followed by Dove. Oh, and Chukar makes the single most amazing chocolate covered cherries on the planet.

Isn't it most wonderful?! :001_smile: My relatives from Finland, who, (thankfully ;)), visit us a couple of times a year, always bring me a few bars of Fazer.

I will have to give Dagoba a try.

I like my chocolate raw nowadays. It's rather expensive to buy new though (lovingearth.com.au is my favourite brand here in Australia) so I make my own. Yes, I have become a chocolate snob.

~Raw yummilicious MILK chocolate (with no dairy)~

2/3 cup cashews

2/3 cup agave (I use ½ a cup)

2/3 cup cacao butter

1-2 Tbsp mesquite

1 tsp. vanilla

4 Tbsp. pure raw cacao powder

Liquify cacao butter in sun (it's hot enough today) or dehydrator or double boiler. In vitamix blend all of the above, and pour into molds or onto wax paper in dish or into ice cube trays. Freeze ,cut, and enjoy!

The recipe is flexible- I added a bit of coconut oil last batch. I use ice cube trays. It could be made without a blender if you left out the cashews, but it would have a much stronger, less “milky†flavour.