Menu

4-H: Can you help me plan a fun meeting?

Grades 1-3, boys and girls will be attending.

The theme for this meeting is "dogs". Everything I've come up with so far is kind of boring. I want some fun, informative, riveting activities. Is that too much to ask? :lol:

Thank you!

Can you find some performing dogs? When I was in 1st grade, a gentleman brought a whole troop of performing poodles to our school. I was enthralled! They jumped rope, pushed a baby carriage, etc.

If there are any farms (sheep, cattle) nearby you might find someone who trains working dogs. I'm always amazed at how the master-dog relationship works :001_smile:

Can you find some performing dogs? When I was in 1st grade, a gentleman brought a whole troop of performing poodles to our school. I was enthralled! They jumped rope, pushed a baby carriage, etc.

If there are any farms (sheep, cattle) nearby you might find someone who trains working dogs. I'm always amazed at how the master-dog relationship works :001_smile:

Hmmm, performing dogs would be fun, I'll have to see if I can find a troop near us.

I'll have to ask around too for working dogs... I know my sons cub scout troop had a 4 legged soldier come to the pack meeting, maybe he would bring his dog to our group.

Thank you Cynthia!

Can you set up a "mock" obstacle course, for the kids to go thru? And then have a training printout they can take home?

It could be as simple as...under a table, thru a line of chairs, jump a small box, climb thru one of those accordian tunnel things (or a sheet drapped over something.)

You could even have ribbons and a fake judge ;)

Our 4-H group had a policeman bring in a police dog and give a talk and demonstration to the kids. It was a big hit!

I'll add that to the list of possibilities, thanks!

Can you set up a "mock" obstacle course, for the kids to go thru? And then have a training printout they can take home?

It could be as simple as...under a table, thru a line of chairs, jump a small box, climb thru one of those accordian tunnel things (or a sheet drapped over something.)

You could even have ribbons and a fake judge ;)

That is a good idea to keep the kids moving! Thanks :)