Menu

My Boy Jack-movie reviews/appropriateness?

whitestavern

It is a beautifully done movie; but at the end Jack is shot down--this sequence is not blood and gore, but it is realistically done and it might be too intense. The intensity of Rudyard and Carrie Kipling's grief is also very real (and very moving). I think the emotional weight would be much for eight and ten, but maybe your guys are better at handling it than mine are.

Edited by Zoo Keeper

It is a beautifully done movie; but at the end Jack is shot down--this sequence is not blood and gore, but it is realistically done and it might be too intense. The intensity of Rudyard and Carrie Kipling's grief is also very real (and very moving). I think the emotional weight would be much for eight and ten, but maybe your guys are better at handling it than mine are.

:iagree:

The battle scene is very intense. It is not gory, but it is absolutely heartrending. I was choked with grief watching it. I would not allow a younger child to watch.

Also, some of the issues (political, draft issues, etc.) may be a bit too involved for a younger child.

I am very relaxed in what I let me 10yo ds watch, but I will not let him watch this one.

It is a very intense movie. The grief of the parents, watching young Kipling join in army when he never should have, the battle scene.

I was bawling by the time the movie had finished.