Menu

Suggestions for Geography

DragonFaerie

I am teaching medieval World History next year and I'd like to do World Geography along with it. I don't have a problem devising my own curriculum but I'd love some suggestions for books to use as a spine as well as good books for worksheets, activities, assignments, etc. My kids will be in 3rd and 4th grades and I'd prefer secular. So, what do ya'll love?

We're using Map Trek (by Knowledge Quest) for the first time this year. So far, it's been working very well for us. Mostly, it's coloring historical maps and identifying key locations (rivers, cities, geographical regions), but there are suggestions for some more crafty activities too.

Tiffany

I am ashamed to say that I have never read Around the World in 180 Days but I am hesitant to use it for geography curriculum because it seems to wander too much. I need more structure, I think.

I am using the Usborne Encyclopedia of World History for our history spine and I do have the Discovery Kids Atlas of the World and the Knowledge Quest maps CD. I'm wondering if I can't use all three to somehow incorporate history and geography at the same time. I am using the maps with our ancients study this year but I wanted to get a bit more detailed once we get into medieval times. Truthfully, I'm not even sure what geography should cover at this point, particularly if I want to tie it in with history. :confused: