Menu

Halloween......CC

My only problem with Halloween is the all that CANDY!! :tongue_smilie:

I've got kids who will be unbearable for weeks after Halloween if they're allowed to eat any candy with HFCS and food coloring.

Soooo we celebrate Halloween differently. Instead of ToT we go bowling. One year we went to Chuckee Cheese, no candy, but the pizza there was horrible. We had the whole place to ourselves. It was fun.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of haunted houses, I have heard that they have become much more graphic and much too scary for a lot of children,compared to what they were years ago.

:tongue_smilie:

How far ahead do you stock up on Halloween candy ? :bigear:

If I buy it anytime before Halloween my husband and daughter get into it. Sometimes I hide it, but they find it. You would think I hid it so they can go on a treasure hunt. :tongue_smilie: Since I have to buy more anyway if I buy it ahead, now I just wait until the last minute. Maybe I can think of a better hiding place and be sure they do not see me bring it into the house. :D:lol:

I actually meant the kids get to stock up when they go trick-or-treating. :D

ETA: Just read the post about dressing up as witches being potentially offensive to those who practice the Wiccan religion (I sincerely hope I am wording that right). I hadn't ever thought of that. Would someone (Audrey perhaps?) care to respond to that?

Not Audrey, but I am a witch (not a Wiccan though). Personally, it takes a lot more than that to offend me. It's all in good fun IMO. :)

Yes I understand that. What I am saying is, Abraham had to have the intention of obeying, and from what I read (if you believe what it says as completely true) planned to obey the command to burn and kill his child.

I understand what you are saying and it can seem contradictory. I think Abraham was very conflicted and confused as to why God would ask him to do such a thing, especially considering the circumstances of Isaac's birth. Perhaps that is why God choose such an extreme and difficult (and heartwrenching) task to give Abraham to prove his love and trust through his obedience.

I think the point was Abraham trusted God even though he did not understand His wisdom or reasons for commanding him to do this, and loved God to the point of sacrificing his own son to prove it.

I think it's important to realize that this was also a foreshadowing of God sacrificing His own Son because of His love for us.