Menu

Math Whizz and/or Dreambox... anybody?

Mabelen

Did anybody here try out both or any of these programs? I am wondering how similar or different they are. If you tried out both and chose one over the other, what were your reasons?

I will be doing my own research too, I am just wondering if anybody here already has an informed opinion.

I am planning on using one of these programs as supplement and reinforcement.

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much for your input. I am doing the trial period too and I also love the manipulatives in the program.

I asked my dd if there was one of the two programs she liked better so far and she is torn between the two as far as which one is more fun or has better rewards... We'll continue the trial periods and we'll see. I might need to make an executive decision for her!

Guest krista

We have tried both and both have pros and cons. In the end we decided to go with Math-Whizz. Our reasons were actually quite simple - we were referred to Math-Whiz from friends that loved it and the kids made good progress (that goes along way). Another reason is: Math-Whizz covers more grade levels up to 7 or 8. I like that my son can keep advancing and we won't have to seek out another program for him to use so quickly.

My son has fun and does not complain when I say it is math-whizz time. He spends his time in the lessons and then he is allowed to go into Whizz rooms and play games.

Hope that helps.

We have tried both and both have pros and cons. In the end we decided to go with Math-Whizz. Our reasons were actually quite simple - we were referred to Math-Whiz from friends that loved it and the kids made good progress (that goes along way). Another reason is: Math-Whizz covers more grade levels up to 7 or 8. I like that my son can keep advancing and we won't have to seek out another program for him to use so quickly.

My son has fun and does not complain when I say it is math-whizz time. He spends his time in the lessons and then he is allowed to go into Whizz rooms and play games.

Hope that helps.

Thank you so much for your input. Would you mind sharing what you found to be the pros and cons of both other than Math-Whiz's longer proven record and wider age group range? I think your views would be very valuable!

Thank you so much again!

How much does Dreambox cost, and is it a flat fee or monthly subscription? (It looks like you have to sign up for the free trial to get the pricing info.) Does it only go up to 3rd grade?

Jackie

You can actually find this information without subscribing, but I will share what I know here.

For an individual child, you can choose the monthly subscription for $12.95 or the 6 month subscription for $59.95. For up to 4 children, monthly is $19.95 and 6 months for $99.95.

As far as I know right now it goes up to 3rd grade only, I've no idea if they are working on upper levels.

• 1 month later...