Menu

For those that missed it, the SWB yahoo videos are a great help

momee

I didn't know about these until recently, and I've been around a while. Thought it might be helpful for some of you to see homeschool in the real, ala SWB. This particular video is about quiet time in their house. I love it!

:D

There are others, including some very happy ones on her answering lots of various questions. They have to do with curricula related stuff. The one I linked isn't about curricula, just fun to watch.

Enjoy.

ps it was quite a different picture in reality than what I had in my mind

Edited by momee

Thanks for sharing. It was fun to watch. My kiddos do the exact same thing during nap (quiet), playing with their army men and such. Same rules apply here too :D.

We have enforced nap time for years (since birth;)) and I believe it is a great time for kiddos to listen to audio book, play legos and such.

When they were little I'd put some classical music or audio books like Charlotte's Web, the children had to sleep but now that they are older 6-12yrs. it's more playing quietly.

Our nap time is from 2:00-4:00.

I love the SWB videos on youtube! If nothing else, it's so nice to see a *real* mom, with *real* kids, and a *real* homeschool family! There is nothing pretentious about the videos. I feel encouraged by the videos and leave with new ideas and a feeling of "I can do this, too!", rather than that dreaded feeling of "but I could never pull it off". Have you ever wished you could be a fly on the wall of another homeschool family's day? The SWB videos do just that! lol.

I love the SWB videos on youtube! If nothing else, it's so nice to see a *real* mom, with *real* kids, and a *real* homeschool family! There is nothing pretentious about the videos. I feel encouraged by the videos and leave with new ideas and a feeling of "I can do this, too!", rather than that dreaded feeling of "but I could never pull it off". Have you ever wished you could be a fly on the wall of another homeschool family's day? The SWB videos do just that! lol.

:iagree: And instituting the afternoon quiet time has really made a difference in my daily life - THANK YOU SWB!