Menu

Did you hear the news about Bing Crosby?

This is amazing! Bing's vice-president for marketing and production for Bing Crosby's estate was going through some old film reels of Bing's tv specials for a DVD release.

Bing Crosby was part owner of the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Apparently, this vice-president guy finds several reels of the 1960 world series game between the Pittsburgh Pirates and the New York Yankees. Get this ... perfectly preserved in Bing's wine cellar! These are the only known reels to exist of the entire NBC broadcast of the 1960 World Series game.

You've got to check out the New York Times story on this. This is absolutely a gem of a story! It will be televised on the MLB Network in December.

My husband, a diehard Pirates fan, will be excited about this. Congrats to all you Pirates fans!

:thumbup:

Claire in NM

Edited by Claire in NM
edit

Lol, I was hoping for missing movie reels or something. I love Bing Crosby. The holidays are not complete without Holiday Inn and White Christmas. :)

That's neat for sports fans, though. :)

:iagree: I was excited to read something about a Crosby movie that I missed! :lol: And yes, Christmas isn't the same without Holiday Inn and White Christmas!

:iagree: I was excited to read something about a Crosby movie that I missed! :lol: And yes, Christmas isn't the same without Holiday Inn and White Christmas!

Somehow I thought we were the only weirdos who watched Holiday Inn every year; we've watched it so many times that we quote it year round, lol. My husband is very fond of saying, "Shortcut... to the shortcut."

Cool about the baseball reels, too, although as a Red Sox fan, I am hoping that the Yankees didn't win that series. ;)