Menu

Of all teh Missouri State campuses....

JFSinIL

Which ones have the best rep? Worst?? How are the schools funded in Missouri? Are the classes crowded and hard to get into (and thus hard to graduate in four years?)

DD is looking at schools not too close to home and not too $$$$ and on the web, at least, some of the Missouri schools look good.

I have seen enough Illinois state schools (public) to not want to even look at them.

Any input on any of the Missouri public schools welcome!

(DD is an undeclared major so far, so can't narrow the search down by major as of yet.)

(THE - I do not know how to edit a heading!!!)

I don't know much about them, but my nephew graduated from Truman State and loved it. It had a small liberal arts college feel, but is a state school. He knew his professors and is going to grad school in Chicago starting in January. He was a communications major and had his own sports radio show and did commentary on some of the sporting events there. He would not have had that opportunity at a bigger college.

He absolutely loves it there. It's a huge campus but it's in a smallish and pleasant town with plenty to do. He has many good friends through Campus Crusade and the art dept. has hired many teachers from top schools like Yale and Chicago Institute of Art. MU also has the second best dept. in journalism in the country. I'm not sure of the other majors though. But I understand that the communications dept. is also highly rated.

As for being hard to get into classes, I haven't heard of any problems with that except maybe for some of the general ed. classes but so far, kids seem to graduate on time.

Edited by Merry
added the last sentence

I know that the Missouri university of Science and Technology (part of the UM system) has a good reputation (and the highest average graduate salaries in the Midwest.) It is a small school with about 6,000 students and mainly engineering/science focused.

I was going to search for this school today. My 17 yo will be applying this fall and this is good to hear!

I know that the Missouri university of Science and Technology (part of the UM system) has a good reputation (and the highest average graduate salaries in the Midwest.) It is a small school with about 6,000 students and mainly engineering/science focused.

my nephew goes here and he loves it! He is from IL also. It is in Rolla.