Menu

Can you print things from The Baldwin Project?

lovetobehome

I am pretty sure that's the purpose - the books are all copyright free. You can select fonts, size and all sorts of details prior to printing, but as far as I have been able to find, you can only print one chapter at a time. I tend to copy and paste into a Word document, then print all the chapters together. The pictures just come along with the text if you highlight, copy and paste.

I played around with the printing, and found the settings to print as an A5 (not sure if you use the same paper sizes - half sized, like a book) booklet, both sides of the paper then I take the pages to get cut, punched and bound, which makes the book much more readable.

Thank you! I don't have Word, sadly. Maybe I will try on my hubby's computer. I appreciate your tips!

Can I ask one more thing? There is one book on there I want to print, it has all the chap titles but I can't click on them....

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just not working? It is this one, if you care to look...

http://www.mainlesson.com/display.php?author=buckley&book=plant&story=_contents

You could use a reader that has web access - like the Nook, but you need wireless in the house. You could select the text on the page and print to pdf (use PDF creator). Load the pdf to a reader - like the Nook - and read from there too. You can be "green" this way. :) When you select a page or chapter, use the mouse to highlight the area you want. Go to File and Print on the web page (menu bar). Choose to print the selection, not the page. Give it a good name. Select a folder, by book would probably be the most appropriate way to file the pages. Connect the Nook to the computer, and drag and drop to your "library" on the Nook. Turn it on and read. Yes, the pictures show too! There is not any color on Nook that I have, but then I paid less than $150 for mine. This would be great for an old laptop or if you happen to have an iPad (on my wish list).

The reason you can't click on the chapters for that book is because it's in the process of being entered. I believe people volunteer their time to enter the books into the computer for the site. As the chapters are enter, the links become active and you can view them. As for printing those books, a lot of them are also available at google books, where you can download the whole book which makes it much easier than cutting and pasting :). Hope that helps!

I can't access google books here or I'd try to post you a link. Sometimes it helps to search for the author rather than the book title. Also, you can try gutenburg.org to see if the book is there. Their text files aren't as pretty, but at least you can see the contents of the book. Hope that helps!