Menu

favorite thing about Tapestry of Grace so far...

ktgrok

I'm in week 3 and the best feature so far is the ability to switch levels!! According to TOG my son would be in upper grammar, but he reads well and I thought he would like the Dialectic level literature better. So I made plans based on doing all Dialectic level. Luckily I didn't buy many books, figuring I would buy as a go. Well, we are totally overwhelmed with reading. He goes to ps one day a week for gifted so we are doing everything in 4 days. I;m going to keep the d level lit and try UG history and see what happens.

We are transitioning from UG to D this year as well, so I decided to ease dd into it. We are focusing right now on UG level, with the exception of D level Literature and Bible. Some of the other TOG moms helped me understand how it could be done, and I'm so glad for it. After we spend a term doing this, then we'll jump over to D level and feel much more prepared for it.

I personally think that when you are new to TOG, it is better to start out easy and build up from there. Last year we had a great time with UG level all year, but now dd is ready to add on more.

We love, love, love TOG!!

Blessings,

Lucinda

We also just started with TOG in July. With only one LG student, my favorite part is the easy, easy, easy activities. We have made cookie dough maps, a portable table, a shofar (horn), challah bread, the Jewish calendar, an Israelite Dr. kit, played a matching game, colored a picture of a Sumerian city, and more. Only the maps and the bread took any time at all. And dd has loved studying about Jewish holidays. Did you know that today was Rosh Hashannah? Well, I wouldn't have if dd hadn't informed me!