Menu

a little homeschool ignorance...

dd11 to a family friend: look at my cool new binder! I've never had one THIS cool!

family friend who is a grown man: you have a binder? So are you going to school now? (love the implication here lol)

dd: ha, yeah! I've always had school.

family friend: no, I mean, real school.

dd: umm... yeah? My mom might be my teacher, but trust me, it's real work and therefore real school!

He survived. :lol:

Wolf brags about homeschooling, to the point of having me print off Diva's stories for guys at work to read.

Funny enough, I don't think he *hears* some comments, at least not with the 'tone' I catch. Although the one guy at work that was being a tool with comments, Wolf suggested that if the tool had been homeschooled, he'd have a better grasp of logic, and not following the herd, and therefore wouldn't make such dipstick comments.

Every now and then, he makes my jaw drop. He really DOES listen and understand all the blathering I've done about homeschooling! Even if curricula talk has him begging me to call you. You should have seen him when I went to the store the other night, picking up Tazzie's science, math for the kids...he disappeared into a dark corner, and just silently waited until I asked him to carry things. L and I thought he'd disappeared outside until he spoke! :lol:

dd11 to a family friend: look at my cool new binder! I've never had one THIS cool!

family friend who is a grown man: you have a binder? So are you going to school now? (love the implication here lol)

dd: ha, yeah! I've always had school.

family friend: no, I mean, real school.

dd: umm... yeah? My mom might be my teacher, but trust me, it's real work and therefore real school!

He survived. :lol:

I love it! Almost as fun as hearing "So, do you work though?" after telling someone you are a stay at home mom :tongue_smilie:

I love it! Almost as fun as hearing "So, do you work though?" after telling someone you are a stay at home mom :tongue_smilie:

There was a Baby Blues cartoon that dealt w/that. Wanda thought about her day, then asked the cashier, "So what planet did you say you were from?" :lol: