Menu

Heading out to buy new shoes for me...

...but I don't like shoe shopping. I'm just too cheap for shoe shopping!

You know that other thread about what things you should NOT buy cheap? And lots of people answered "shoes?" That's why I hate shoe shopping. I can't buy them cheap, but I hate parting with my money. Oh, the angst!

Going to try to get:

Brown knee high boots (for my skinny jeans and dresses when it's cold)

Ballet flats (for my skinny jeans when it's that in-between weather)

Brown ankle boots (for my straight leg jeans.)

Last year's shoes are soooo old and hideous that even I (with my cheapness) can't stand to wear them again.

You know that other thread about what things you should NOT buy cheap? And lots of people answered "shoes?" That's why I hate shoe shopping. I can't buy them cheap, but I hate parting with my money. Oh, the angst!

Going to try to get:

Last year's shoes are soooo old and hideous that even I (with my cheapness) can't stand to wear them again.

Honestly, I'm a shoe lover and don't hestiate to drop $$ on good shoes for me or my kids. BUT, Target had an awesome boot collection this year -- Frye knock offs in real leather, etc! And, they always have cute flats! I just purchased an adorable leopard print pair.

Also, I find amazing deals on endless.com and 6pm.com, especially with cash back through ebates!

They had some cute shoes, and the prices are good.

I picked up some nice flats online at sierratradingpost.com

Last spring, I had to bite the bullet and go to a real department store (Dillard's) and buy good shoes. I am also very cheap, but keeping shoes way past their date helped create an injury, so I just had to buy them.

I decided to enjoy the experience. I went into the store and told the sales lady that I needed good supportive shoes and I was willing to pay whatever it cost to find a pair I liked and fit me well. Boy, did she treat me well.:D It was nice having someone give me so much attention. It took some time but I came out with a nice pair of Joseph Seibel's. Despite the sticker shock, I had a good time.

Going to try to get:

I feel your pain. Add to your list the fact I have hobbit-feet (square & wide) and thick calves (mostly muscle, not fat) means I can rarely find cute shoes or boots that I can wear with comfort.