Menu

If you use natural progesterone...a question inside please

I am 41, just started taking this last month for estrogen dominance symptoms (PMS, migraine, depression, etc.). I take it the last two wks of my cycle. I felt better while taking it.

Then in my first two wks of the new cycle that I DON'T take the cream, I felt even worse than before! Went way into depression, etc. I can't wait for my two wks of progesterone cream to start again! Did this happen to anyone else when they first started the cream? I'm hoping this is just a normal thing to experience. Does it level out over time?

I've experienced the same. The first time I used progesterone, it was an absolute miracle for me. I couldn't believe the relief it brought me. Second month, it didn't help anymore. It would actually make me irritable as soon as I used it. This was stuff I got from a compounding pharmacy with a prescription and I think the dose was way too high.

The second time I tried it, I got relief during the two weeks I used it and then experienced all the symptoms I normally have from ovulation to the beginning of my cycle during the two weeks that I am normally fine. I tried using it at a lower dosage during that period and had complete disaster from that. This time I was using an over the counter formulation.

My doctor wants to try me on a compounded version again (different doctor than the first time) and he seems much more knowledgeable about it than my ob who is the one who prescribed the very large dose (based on a page in a book I showed her). I'm hesitant, though because it took me months to recover from the last time.

I know it works for a lot of people but I haven't been able to use it effectively.

Lisa