Menu

Thank you ideas

We went to my sister's wedding last weekend and one of the fathers let my 4yo tag along with his and watched the both of them along with his infant a lot of the time. This allowed us moms to have a relaxing visit time, very rare for me at least. I need an idea for a thank you for him that won't upset the wife. I don't know either of them very well, they are my sister's best friends.

Thanks

We went to my sister's wedding last weekend and one of the fathers let my 4yo tag along with his and watched the both of them along with his infant a lot of the time. This allowed us moms to have a relaxing visit time, very rare for me at least. I need an idea for a thank you for him that won't upset the wife. I don't know either of them very well, they are my sister's best friends.

Thanks

Send a note to the two of them, telling her how nice it was to chat, and him how kind and fatherly he was.

If the wife was involved in the conversations, just write the note to both of them. Let her know how much you enjoyed chatting and getting to know her. Then let him kow how much you appreciate his watching your child so you could relax and enjoy the good conversation.

I agree w/ the previous 2 posters. :)

My sister that is 7 years younger than me (23) is getting married 10/10/10.

She hasn't invited me OR my 4 kiddos to the ceremony NOR has she invited me to be a part of the celebration.

I think you are SUPER DUPER lucky to be revered enough to be a part of someone's special day. Ignorance about homeschooling and/or homeschoolers has ruined a relationship. I am SO thankful that it is not an epidemic.

:)

I agree w/ the previous 2 posters. :)

My sister that is 7 years younger than me (23) is getting married 10/10/10.

She hasn't invited me OR my 4 kiddos to the ceremony NOR has she invited me to be a part of the celebration.

I think you are SUPER DUPER lucky to be revered enough to be a part of someone's special day. Ignorance about homeschooling and/or homeschoolers has ruined a relationship. I am SO thankful that it is not an epidemic.

:)

I'm sorry for your sister. She is missing out on a lot. Mine is very special and I am very glad to have her. Even though she works at a school, she supports my homeschooling and even sends us links of things she thinks the kids might be interested in. She included my 4 kids plus her dh's sister's 3 kids in her ceremony. They had a super sweet ceremony and the guests all mingled. There wasn't a bride/groom's side but a bunch of friends enjoying themselves.