Menu

Penpal?

sditz1

For those of you whose kids have penpals, how many do they have? And how often do they write to their penpal?

My dd just wrote to her first penpal last week and is eager for more penpals. She is only 4(will be 5 in November). I wouldn't let her write to a penpal until she wrote on line paper and this was the best motivation for her. In her free time last week, she came to me with sentences that she wrote on line paper and guess what all her letters were in the right positions on the lines. I posted a pic of her first letter on my blog in my signature line.

Susan

Edited by sditz1

My daughter had two penpals at once (two friends who live in Poland and who learned English with a woman from a message board I used to go to. They practiced their English by writing letters to my daughter, and then she'd write back to each of them). But they stopped corresponding.

She just acquired a new one through this board and wrote her first letter today :D

But my daughter is almost 10.

My son, who is the same age as your daughter (will be 5 in November) cannot read, write or spell anything other than "B-E-N" yet, so no penpals for him for a while. :) We're keeping preschool and Kindergarten very laid back and will save the whole learning to read/write and spell thing for 1st grade. Maybe when he's in like 2nd grade I'll start looking for a penpal for him, if he's interested!

I already asked to be pen pals with your dd. :)

My daughter is turning 6 in November. We currently have two pen pals that we write back and forth to often, one is a girl a year younger and one is a boy a little bit older. It's been so much fun and great practice handwriting!

We also had a few unschooling pen pals who we wrote to, but as Satori started getting nicer handwriting, and they didn't, they stopped writing to us, lol.

We're open for a few more penpals, probably in the K-2 age range.

I've been throwing around getting my DD a penpal, especially now that she's writing more. She's 4.5, 5 in January, and her name is Jenna also! :001_smile:

She did a really nice job!

Jenna would love to have another Jenna as a penpal. Let us know if your interested.

I'm not sure if you got my message, but Jenna would love to be penpals with Satori. My email is sditz1968@aol.com.

Susan

I already asked to be pen pals with your dd. :)

My daughter is turning 6 in November. We currently have two pen pals that we write back and forth to often, one is a girl a year younger and one is a boy a little bit older. It's been so much fun and great practice handwriting!

We also had a few unschooling pen pals who we wrote to, but as Satori started getting nicer handwriting, and they didn't, they stopped writing to us, lol.

We're open for a few more penpals, probably in the K-2 age range.

We've now got a new penpal! I think Satori will love Jenna! We'd also like to be the other Jenna's penpal. :) I'll PM people on this thread that expressed interest. Oh, and as for boys, we already have a wonderful boy penpal and that's been a great experience, so we're definitely up to adding more. Satori said just today that due to her interests, she's "half girl and half boy". Lol!

I have twin boys who are ten and we would LOVE pen pals! PM me if anyone is interested. :) The only catch is I'll have to find pen pals for both of them lol They are doing 3rd grade A Beka and we are going to start classical as soon as we finish this year. I am so excited I found this forum!