Menu

Is starting a postcard swap on my blog a good idea or bad idea?

Homemaker

I would really like to participate in a postcard swap, I thought about starting one on my blog, get a person from each state, then have each state send theirs out a certain week. Is there a better place to do one, or should I just start one, would anyone here be interested in participating?

I would love to participate. I'd love to get postcards from families that are familiar with WTM. We participated in a Flat Stanley exchange from here (WTM forums) that started last month and that has been very fun! A postcard exchange would be much simpler and definitely something we'd be up for.

I'll swap from PA here!

I don't have a blog. I did participate in a swap from WTM Forums before. Just remember that sometimes expectations are easier to read than to perform. Some might sign up, and not realize that the whole group will be 30 people, of if you are doing all states, then you would send 49 other postcards.

Cost 50 (buy one for yourself) postcards at 2/$1 (maybe), plus postage = $25 + 13.72 = $38.72. Now, if you buy larger postcards, or postcards that aren't formatted horizontally (on the writing side), then your postage price is higher. (And if you receive some postcards postage due, then your cost is higher, too.)

If you add in non-US state destinations, then you also increase your cost.