Menu

My oldest son is now accepted in Katy TX. He made the football team..........

(The school admitted and registered him as a 9th grader, not accepting a homeschooled 9th grade. I am not in a space to fight city hall, so we'll make it up in summer school).

He made the Freshman football team. I know football is big in a lot of places; it's EVERYTHING in terms of public school here. There is even a book about it (though my son does not attend Katy High, he is in the district and town).

I have mixed feelings. He, his Dad and his step dad are, of course, elated. :lol:

Oh, that is neat news, Joanne, though I can definitely understand mixed feelings from mama!

I went both to KHS and MCHS. I always consider myself a Katy Tiger though. I really enjoyed football at the time. I even went to games once I had changed schools, with a newborn, after graduating, etc. When my kids were little, we went to the Astrodome to watch them :)

Anyway, I miss Katy in some ways....though I think the song, "you're always 17 in your hometown" is probably true. I am not who I was at 17.

Hope things go very well for your ds!

Oh, that is neat news, Joanne, though I can definitely understand mixed feelings from mama!

I went both to KHS and MCHS. I always consider myself a Katy Tiger though. I really enjoyed football at the time. I even went to games once I had changed schools, with a newborn, after graduating, etc. When my kids were little, we went to the Astrodome to watch them :)

Anyway, I miss Katy in some ways....though I think the song, "you're always 17 in your hometown" is probably true. I am not who I was at 17.

Hope things go very well for your ds!

He's in MCHS. :) Come visit! It's way past when we should have met. We go back 12 years?

I know! We set it up for one day a long time ago, but my kids were sick or something I think.

We are actually moving tomorrow but we're unsure of to where! LOL We are going to Abingdon, VA in the morning; and then, if we get the job in Texas, we'll head that way (San Antonio but we'll probably be staying in La Porte for a few days before going). If we *don't* get the San Antonio job, we'll be in Abingdon for a little while.

But may be once we make it back that way.....

(The school admitted and registered him as a 9th grader, not accepting a homeschooled 9th grade. I am not in a space to fight city hall, so we'll make it up in summer school).

He made the Freshman football team. I know football is big in a lot of places; it's EVERYTHING in terms of public school here. There is even a book about it (though my son does not attend Katy High, he is in the district and town).

I have mixed feelings. He, his Dad and his step dad are, of course, elated. :lol:

I hear ya. My middle dd now has 7 whole days of a public charter under her belt. It's been...interesting. Her birthday is in August so she also could have gone in as a 10th grader, but they do not accept homeschool credit here either. Plus she wanted to redshirt herself, so she would get all 4 years of athletics, should she choose to remain in school, lol.

:grouphug:

Georgia

Congrats and :grouphug: !

Believe me, I understand what you mean about HS football. I was the athletic trainer for a team that won the 4AAAA State title twice while I was there. We got to play in Texas Stadium several times.

I hope he has a great season!

Great news on making the team! I'll bet he's excited. :001_smile:

Question though: did they give you any reason why they wouldn't accept his homeschooled grade 9? I know it's different in different places, but I guess I assumed you (the parent) would get to decide his grade level.