Menu

Anyone use Omnibus for a literature credit...If so.....

Yes,

Omnibus does count for 3 credits....( Lit, History & theology)

So, I want to count my Omnibus Literature...as one full credit.

Most English credits are 1/2 yr Lit..& 1/2 yr writing.....

I do not want the Omnibus lit to count only as 1/2 credit.....it is too much work.

So, that leaves BJU Writing & Grammar...I had planned this to be my English credit. But, BJU counts this course as .5 credits.....the other 1/2 being their Literature course.

So, what else can I use to fill up my English credit?

Any ideas?

Here's what I thought about using...?

BJU Writing & Grammar, IEW SICC-C , & Wordly Wise..

I think this may be enough.?

Omnibus contains writing exercises--essays, discussions, progymnasmata, among other things like lit analysis.

It does. I personally believe this is sufficient to make the English credit of writing/literature. I do Classical Writing because I love the way it teaches the skills to write effective arguments. Last year we did CW Herodotus which is a full year course and a significant amount of work. I gave an extra composition credit for it. For our remaining 3 years, I will not do so. CW Plutarch and the two years of Demosthenes are 15 week courses (each year) so they will simply be part of the 1 English credit received for Omnibus.

Heather

I just spoke to BJU...

They said my plan to use BJU Writing & Grammar 9 & IEW SICC_C & Wordly Wise sounds super! They basically said their writing program is .5 credits...& the IEW SICC-C & Wordly Wise will add plenty of time & work for the full credit!

ps....Yesterday.....I received the same confirmation from someone at Veritas Press.

Whew!!!

This is all good news to my little ears!!!:iagree:

Edited by cshell

• 8 months later...