Menu

Jackie (Corraleno)...another quick question re: MM

BatmansWife

In regards to printing Math Mammoth, you had said, "If you use the "fast draft" mode on your inkjet printer, it doesn't use nearly as much ink."

OK....I have no idea if I have an "inkjet" printer. LOL! It's not very old, a little over a year. We got it at Walmart, a Lexmark. Nothing fancy, but it prints out fine. Is the "fast draft" a setting you choose somewhere on your computer, before you print? Or, is it a button on the printer itself? If it's on the printer, I don't think I have that. There doesn't seem to be any button like that. :confused:

I have an HP not a Lexmark, but when I click "Print" it brings up a menu that has lots of options. If you poke around in the options, there should be somewhere that lets you set the "quality." With my printer, under the category of "Paper Type/Quality" I can choose between Fast Draft, Fast Normal, Normal, Best, and Maximum DPI. I set it to Fast Draft when I print MM and it only takes a few seconds per page and uses much less ink than the Normal setting.

Jackie

When my print screen came up I clicked on a button called Properties (this was after trying all kinds of things and almost giving up). The Quality/Speed was in there and it's set at Normal. But, right above it you can choose Quick Print. I don't have anything to print right now to test it. But, I definitely will try this when I print something next (especially with MM). If this works I will be super excited about it. I'm so glad this was mentioned. Thank you both! :thumbup:

I have had a problem with fast draft. No page numbers print and the printer shoots them out so fast that they don't stay on the tray in order (some end up on the floor) and I get them all mixed up.

Ohhh...that's too bad. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to stand there and be ready to catch them if the pages come shooting out. :001_smile: