Menu

Grade 2 - tentative plan

mommy4ever

We start school on Monday. The kids are excited. Here is dd6 week:

History - Listen to SOTW CD, track 1 do coloring page.(mom has sore throat, beginning of a cold, so giving her a break).

Math - 2 pages MM

AAS - 10 minutes

FLL 1 lesson

WWE - 1 line copywork

OPGTR - 10 minutes(we will work up to 15-20 minutes by mid September)

Lapbook - afternoon project with her bf(she's in the home daycare for the week so they are doing it together. Her bf is working on her math, reading and spelling, mom sending her work).

Next day:

Read alternate history book(library) do the project

2 math pages(MM)

FLL 1 lesson

AAS - 10 minutes

WWE - narration

OPGTR - 10 minutes

Pianimals. 15 minutes - first lesson

Science - read pg 8-9, color picture, narration.

Lapbook with bf.

Week 2 will be slightly different we are adding a few more things.

History - SOTW reading(out loud or cd, we'll see)

Math - 2 pages and card game with bf.

AAS - 10 minutes

WWE - narration

OPGTR - 10 minutes

FLL lesson1 lesson

Pianimals. 10 minutes guided practice

Art - Dvd and first draft of project - turtle

Lapbook with bf.

French - Beginning 1st lesson - listen to cd, coloring page. Chat with mom, review vocab already learned 15 minutes session.

Science - narration and reading.

Bible Story and coloring page.

We cover a lot of areas, but in short amounts of time. So we should be ok. It doesn't look like an overly long day. Longest it the lapbook projects, but it's fun stuff! We're making summer treats one week, and chocolate the next :lol:

Am I missing anything?

Your schedule looks very complete and well planned.

A few things you might consider:

1) I found WWE 1 too difficult for my pre-reader. I really did not see a benefit to her copying words she couldn't come close to reading. Six months later it was a perfect fit. I assumed your dd is not reading independently b/c you are doing OPGTR, but if she's reading well, WWE should be fine.

2) Doing FLL every day will have you finished before the end of the year unless you are trying to do FLL 1 & 2 in one year. You can easily accomplish one grade in 3 days/week. You may want to finish early, but if you need more time on a certain day, then drop it without guilt.

3) AAS tends to take us longer than 10 minutes, sometimes as much as 20.

Your schedule looks very complete and well planned.

A few things you might consider:

1) I found WWE 1 too difficult for my pre-reader. I really did not see a benefit to her copying words she couldn't come close to reading. Six months later it was a perfect fit. I assumed your dd is not reading independently b/c you are doing OPGTR, but if she's reading well, WWE should be fine.

She is reading somewhat independently now, but we are continuing with OPGTR as it will give a strong foundation.

2) Doing FLL every day will have you finished before the end of the year unless you are trying to do FLL 1 & 2 in one year. You can easily accomplish one grade in 3 days/week. You may want to finish early, but if you need more time on a certain day, then drop it without guilt.

We do a 4 day week, and we don't necessarily have time to do everything every day, as we have outside lessons, art, swimming, rockclimbing. So it will average to 3 lessons a week.

3) AAS tends to take us longer than 10 minutes, sometimes as much as 20.

We did it last year 10 minutes a day, and finished all but 4 lessons in AAS 1 in 3 months. If it takes longer with AAS 2, then it will. That is a guesstimate at this point. Thanks for pointing it out, I hadn't really considered it. I expect if we start AA3, it will be 20 minute sessions, but I'm keeping it light for the beginning, and slowly increase times as we go. She's had a carefree summer, I don't want to overload her.

Thanks!!