Menu

Vocabulary for Achievement

What can you tell me about this program? I have read a few threads on it, and it sounds quite interesting. I am desperately trying to find a vocabulary program that my ds will tolerate. We did Wordly Wise for a couple of years. We did Caesar's English I and II last year, and it seemed to go pretty well. So, I purchased Word Within the Word for this year. He hates it. So, I did a search on vocabulary and this program caught my eye.

Can you tell me how you schedule it?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

We did Caesar's English I and II last year, and it seemed to go pretty well. So, I purchased Word Within the Word for this year. He hates it. So, I did a search on vocabulary and this program caught my eye.

Just curious what your ds hates about WWW - we're planning on starting it soon.

Either for review when we're done with WWW or to use instead if they hate it, I had my eye on Vocabulary for the College Bound Student. Do you have any samples of Vocabulary for Achievement? The ones on Amazon don't have a look-inside.

Just curious what your ds hates about WWW - we're planning on starting it soon.

Either for review when we're done with WWW or to use instead if they hate it, I had my eye on Vocabulary for the College Bound Student. Do you have any samples of Vocabulary for Achievement? The ones on Amazon don't have a look-inside.

He is really a concrete-sequential kind of guy. Very linear. He just doesn't like the all-over-the-map aspect. I am quite frustrated because he has done Latin for many years, and I really thought the roots idea would work well for him. For some reason he doesn't seem to make the connections between his Latin studies and English that I would like him to. I wish he were better at "decoding" words. And, I don't think he wants me involved. I think he would be happier with something that I just hand to him to do. This is how Wordly Wise was, but he thought it was a lot of busywork. So, I need an independent/workbook type approach that is NOT busy-work-ish.

ETA: No, I have not seen samples per se', but in a thread I found in my research, someone had linked to another thread that I had a pretty good explanation of it.

We used it all the way thru high school ... still using it with youngest. Basically, one lesson a week - there are generally 5 -6 small sections... so easy peasy scheduling. Simple and effective in my book.

Can you tell me how long you spend per day on these?