Menu

Book Epiphany... saving $ on classics...

Sometimes my brain is on the right road. It might be a gravel road and I may even be going in the right direction... but I can't see the city through the trees... meanwhile ya'll probably had an aerial map all along and knew exactly where you were going and arrived months before me... so please humour my late epiphany.

I have been wanting an e-reader of some sort, just waiting another year for improvements such as graphics (come on colour!) and more wi-fi glitches to be ironed out. So I don't know why this didn't dawn on me until now... I can save thousands of dollars using an e-reader! I can get so many books, even many classics that WTM or TOG recommend... for FREE... :svengo:

Is it just me, or did high school just get cheaper? :D

I had that moment while standing in the Lamplighter booth at the convention. The lady working the booth started to explain how they find the stories they publish and told me that they are all copyright free books. I later looked up some of the titles on Googlebooks and low and behold, there they were- FREE!

You may want to borrow and try out the types of books that you want to use. I have my mom's Kindle because I wanted to download some free out of print readers for my son. They are full of bad formatting, typos, goofy symbols, etc. It drives me insane. :glare:

Sometimes my brain is on the right road. It might be a gravel road and I may even be going in the right direction... but I can't see the city through the trees... meanwhile ya'll probably had an aerial map all along and knew exactly where you were going and arrived months before me... so please humour my late epiphany.

I have been wanting an e-reader of some sort, just waiting another year for improvements such as graphics (come on colour!) and more wi-fi glitches to be ironed out. So I don't know why this didn't dawn on me until now... I can save thousands of dollars using an e-reader! I can get so many books, even many classics that WTM or TOG recommend... for FREE... :svengo:

Is it just me, or did high school just get cheaper? :D

I know!!!! I have my dds Astak EZ reader loaded up for Omnibus and my own loaded up with Ambleside to use with my little one. I reviewed both of ours on my blog if you like. I love our ereaders!!

http://www.aworkinprogress.net/2010/07/another-ereader-review-my-nook.html

http://www.aworkinprogress.net/2010/04/review-astak-ez-reader-pocket-pro.html