Menu

Chalk Dust Geometry...Big difference between VHS/DVD sets?

I am very interested in using Chalk Dust Geometry this year, but the pricing is prohibitive. I am searching for used, and have found many sets which are a bit older, and employ VHS tapes rather than DVDs. I am wondering if these would be adequate?

Also wishing I won the lottery!

Thank you for the feedback. I am still tempted to use the less expensive VHS & corresponding text. My d/s is a good math student, but it is so hard to gauge how much they will need when it is a new area of study.

I am not clear on the online Dana Mosley videos. If I am understanding correctly the information I read, I pay $150 and use it as support for whatever text we choose by finding a related lesson?

Again, I am very grateful for your help!! Reading everyone's posts, I feel way behind, and pretty incompetent!

Thank you for the feedback. I am still tempted to use the less expensive VHS & corresponding text. My d/s is a good math student, but it is so hard to gauge how much they will need when it is a new area of study.

I am not clear on the online Dana Mosley videos. If I am understanding correctly the information I read, I pay $150 and use it as support for whatever text we choose by finding a related lesson?

Again, I am very grateful for your help!! Reading everyone's posts, I feel way behind, and pretty incompetent!

Yes, ds is about to use it with Lial's. The videos are the same as Chalkdust. I have gone round and round in emails with them and they insist the videos are the same. It works better for us, as we prefer online with instant access. The sequence in Lial's is almost exactly the same as Larson. I am guessing most texts are similar.

Yes, ds is about to use it with Lial's. The videos are the same as Chalkdust. I have gone round and round in emails with them and they insist the videos are the same. It works better for us, as we prefer online with instant access. The sequence in Lial's is almost exactly the same as Larson. I am guessing most texts are similar.

This is really interesting to me, so thanks! It seems that we can access only the lessons we need at a per lesson fee, which might be great, or I might be better off doing the full plan. Have to think about it. You are using Lial's. I am new to this, so am quickly researching as I read about new (to me) texts/programs. The Lial's I find is the college level. Is that what you are using? Do you have a teacher's edition, or just the SE? How are you handling testing?

Again and again, thank you!!