Menu

Moving Day!

KnitWit

My dd and her friends were just lamenting watching all that money come...and go! LOL! I said "WELCOME TO THE ADULT WORLD!!!" :lol:

Too cute! I told him that exact same thing. I suppose this is the "lab" for their personal finance course!

I hope you had a great trip to Belhaven! I'm sure your daughter will love it as it seems like a really nice place. I've recommended it to a couple of other people looking based on your comments. ;)

Till then, look for economic numbers to rise as he spends his graduation money spurring the economy (sigh), though at least we've found some good deals secondhand.

You guys are too much! Dd has worked very hard this summer and had all these plans to buy items for her room, until it came right down to spending her hard earned $$, and suddenly she's Miss Frugal. She made the "mistake" of going down to spend a weekend with her future roomate (great time had by all) but had a very rude awakening when she found out that the little jaunt cost her nearly $300 in lost wages, plus the cost of two meals and the tank of gas. (At least she and her roomie got into Six Flags for $0, since dd has been working there this summer for her second job.) (Edited to add: it wasn't really a mistake, just an uninformed choice....so it was probably a great lesson!)

I was so proud of her last Friday--she desperately wanted a quick messaging phone to use with her newly added text capability ($10/month on her dime), but when it came right down to it, she bought the base model for $5, not the luverly camera phone for $50.)

It is painful growing up, but necessary. She'll have her bike on campus, but no car. I'm not looking forward to the day she finds out how much it costs to have a car--something she takes for granted now!

Edited by Valerie(TX)