Menu

Where to find printable Getty-Dubay Italic Worksheets?

rootsnwings

I just bought Character Italic for DS9. I got level 1 but it goes straight into copy work. He can print (horribly) and his cursive is ok but I would really like for him to learn to print Italic letters before going straight into the copywork.

I cant find a worksheet generator for Getty-Dubay. Any ideas?

:lurk5:

I purchased the GDI fonts from Educational Fontware and make my own using public domain materials. When she's not using a handwriting book, I have DD the Elder work in her "scriptorium" at least 10 minutes a day. The biggest hit so far has been the Just So Stories.

GuestHollow.com has free GDI alphabet practice sheets. The size is a little too small for a beginner, but you may want to try them.

BTW I also second Penny Gardner's e-book, because it is not just practice sheets, but also includes instructions for forming italics letters and italics cursive joins. I just wish she had a secular version of the e-book.

HTH

Edited by nansk

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Startwrite has Italic and Italic Cursive fonts ("similar to Getty Dubey" -- yes, they misspelled it). But they have not updated in a long time; no loner works on my Mac.

http://www.startwrite.com/fonts.php

I purchased the GDI fonts from Educational Fontware and make my own using public domain materials. When she's not using a handwriting book, I have DD the Elder work in her "scriptorium" at least 10 minutes a day. The biggest hit so far has been the Just So Stories.

That is a neat idea!

Can you tell me more about Educational Fontware? I've heard of it for years, but never used it. You can still use MS Word features like line spacing, etc, right? The Fontware (even the forms with the guidelines) just acts like a regular font? I'll have to try the samples and see if it works on my Mac/Mountain Lion.

It sounds as though you can download one font immediately, but then get all the others on cd. Do you happen to know it they can be used by a single user on more than one computer?

Startwrite has Italic and Italic Cursive fonts ("similar to Getty Dubey" -- yes, they misspelled it). But they have not updated in a long time; no loner works on my Mac.

http://www.startwrite.com/fonts.php

That is a neat idea!

Can you tell me more about Educational Fontware? I've heard of it for years, but never used it. You can still use MS Word features like line spacing, etc, right? The Fontware (even the forms with the guidelines) just acts like a regular font? I'll have to try the samples and see if it works on my Mac/Mountain Lion.

It sounds as though you can download one font immediately, but then get all the others on cd. Do you happen to know it they can be used by a single user on more than one computer?

Thank you! this is perfect!