Menu

Anyone using Peace Hill Press' bible study?

Chris in VA

Also, I've posted a sticky-note in the Curriculum Forums, setting the record straight about some of the recent online accusations regarding Olive Branch Books and our new curriculum. Some of it is a repeat of earlier comments; some is new:

http://welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236297

We, like many of you, are in favor of checking an author's reputation before buying his/her books, but we're also in favor of judging each book on its own merits.

I hope that's helpful.

We're glad you're excited about the book, Colleen! Since the shipping to Canada is so expensive, have you considered buying the book as a downloadable PDF? All the "Telling God's Story" books are available in this format...which also costs less than a print version. But I know you may prefer to have a print/bound copy.

Hmm...I will consider the PDF in order to support PHP/OBB, but I do like bound copies. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

the "Parents Guide" is an overview of the entire (multigrade) curriculum, and of the Bible itself. It's very helpful and clarifying, but is not strictly necessary.

But can this somehow be used alone (like WWE instructor text can be used alone), instead of the workbooks? That's what I was hoping, since the whole curric. will not "catch-up" to my children's grade levels soon enough...

Edited by Colleen in NS

But can this somehow be used alone (like WWE instructor text can be used alone), instead of the workbooks? That's what I was hoping, since the whole curric. will not "catch-up" to my children's grade levels soon enough...

Oh, I see what you mean. No, in that sense it's not analogous to the WWE instructor text. This series would be more like "The Story of the World" plus an overview book. The overview book is helpful for parents, but not detailed enough about each year to become the spine of a curriculum.

The overview book is helpful for parents, but not detailed enough about each year to become the spine of a curriculum.

Oh, then I misunderstood. Thanks for responding. I'll probably still buy it, though - I hope I can extract enough from it to be able to make our own Bible study pattern, without having to use other materials that we don't like.

Hi Kirstin...for grade 1, you would want the "Year One Instructor Text/Teaching Guide" and the "Year One Activity Book/student text" ... the "Parents Guide" is an overview of the entire (multigrade) curriculum, and of the Bible itself. It's very helpful and clarifying, but is not strictly necessary. You could do grade 1 without it.

Justin from olive branch books

Thank you for this Justin. I took a brief look (I had missed the original thread about this curriculum) and was wondering how the components work together. Also, as a Canadian I love that I can buy the PDF's directly from PHP. I tried it this year with FLL and the SOTW AG and it has worked great for us. Also, the PFD's are slightly cheaper which is always good too :). Definitely a useful alternative.