Menu

I made my mom a birthday present this year (pics).

I was lamenting our shortage of bookcases and going over my plans to build some, and she mentioned she didn't really have any either (and she wasn't fishing for me to make her one--she wants my Walmart bookcases when I'm ready to cast them off.).

So, with the enthusiasm of a 2nd grader, I made my mom a present:

Isn't it the cutest little thing? I needed to make a small one first as I've not really worked with stain before. (Stain is a pain! :glare: The building is the easy part.)

It needs a coat or two of poly and it's done. Whew! Now I just need to make a bunch more...

Thanks everyone! She does like it. She stopped by today while I was staining it.

Now I've done it though. My kids are putting in orders.

I've built a few things in the past, but this looks like a real piece of furniture so now they are all much more optimistic. :D

My teen wants a loft bed, and 10 yo dd wants a storage bed like this one (It doesn't hurt that it looks like a barn door which would look awesome with her horsey stuff.). I hope she posts the nightstand soon!