Menu

Internet Filters

Our oldest son is starting to get bored with the computer games we have (we don't have many) and we'd like to be able to give him access to the Internet, but with severe limitations. Are there any filters out there that, instead of just blocking certain types of websites, only let the user access certain pre-approved sites?

Can I suggest keeping the computer in a public area (like the kitchen) where you and others are constantly walking through or working in? That's the best filter of all! :)

:iagree:It is in the living room, so all and sundry are walking by, but he has, on his own, discovered YouTube. He loves looking at "Dinosaur Videos" - trailers for I can't remember what... some dinosaur cartoon movie. My concern right now is that he'll stumble accidentally on something and I know that once those images are in his brain they won't go away. For now he's been forbidden to access the Net and fortunately he's not that addicted to the computer yet, so it hasn't been a problem.