Menu

Why I love my little town

I love my hometown, too, although I don't know that it can be classified as "little" anymore. My family settled here when it was a small farming community and has been here since. We live just a couple of blocks off Main Street and one of our favorite family outings in the walk to the new self-serve frozen yogurt shop where you can add your own choice of toppings. Yum!

We have lots of family friendly facilities, parks, activities and it is just a great place to raise a fmaily.

I love my little town because they have a locally owned bank that was willing to give us a home equity loan based on a drive by appraisal.

The small IGA here hires teens to work every summer and has the best meat.

We have a great library that is entirely run by volunteers.

ok, I'll bite...my "town" is actually a city (200-250,000 pop, but a very nice one). The big flaw is the cost of living and housing, but this is where God has put us, so we deal with that aspect. What I love:

mountains all around (I think flat landscape would be boring)

well run city government (lots of improvements going on all the time)

Fantastic Parks & Rec department - tons of classes of all kinds for reasonable prices, lots of beautiful parks

amazing trail system that runs through many of the housing tracts, and along almost all the major roads/dry riverbeds.

Lots of homeschoolers around

Great Community College 10 min away

wonderful church 5 min away

Mom and Dad live 5 min away (with whom dh and I have a great relationship)

Beaches within 45 min drive

nice weather most of the year, no humidity (we do deal with brush fires during dry season, tho)

great hiking trails/rural areas 5-10 min away

Interesting history (I know....a little weak, but I love that aspect as well)

Plenty of shopping/restaurants etc., without the huge big city feel

btw....I live in Santa Clarita CA about 30 miles N of Los Angeles. Other than the cost of living, it is a great place to live.

Wow - I can't wait to get home from work and read this! Here at the office, it's blocked due to "adult/mature content"! Whoo-hoo![/quote

Well, don't get too excited, I can guarantee that nothing on my blog will be even vaguely adult. In fact, there's very little at all that's adult about me.

I love my town. We live in an estuary on a canal near Galveston Island. I see birds and jumping fishies on an hourly basis. We have our own police dept. that patrols our streets 24/7 and you can not go more than 20mph. in our town. There is a rockin' public pool down the street and lots of kids. You can't help but know your neighbors and we love ours! There are several boat parades throughout the year and people decorate their boats with lights. Santa even comes down our canal throwing candy! We are only minutes from the beach, too. We are very happy here.

Edited by Rich with Kids

I love my town, too.

NYC is made up up 5 counties (or boroughs)

Each borough is further divided into dozens of neighborhoods.

My neighborhood is wonderful. I love it because:

• It's quiet with tree-lined streets
  • You can walk to everything
  • Many movies and TV shows are filmed here
  • The public transportation system is really great
  • There's so much diversity and culture
  • There's so many free things to do I had no idea about
  • There's tons of fantastic shops and restaurants
  • Getting to Manhattan takes 12 minutes by subway
  • There are plenty of homeschoolers here
  • Within an hour's drive you can go skiing
  • ...And to the beach
  • We have all 4 seasons
  • I don't have to travel anywhere for anything. It's all right here. I love being able to walk a few blocks for some really good bagels or pizza.
  • The people are friendly and we actually know our neighbors
  • Homeschoolers get free subway passes (metrocards)
  • It's totally acceptable to veer from the beaten path.
  • Everyone decorates for the holidays
  • Even though it's part of NYC, it's a great residential area with lots of families
  • There are lots and lots of parks and playgrounds