Menu

Math suggestions please?

parias1126

I'm looking for a math that is colorful, but that is mastery with review. Is there a math out there like this? Is BJU like this? I'm not looking for a program with "busy-looking pages. Is there such a thing? I've always used MUS and am thinking of switching. When I look at other math curriculum, it seems that there is so much my daughter has missed! I know a lot of you supplement MUS, but that would be too much for her.

at least in the early grades. I have always used MUS but I am switching to BJU Math for my 3rd/4th grader. It is colorful, but not too distracting. It helps that I am using the Digital learning option to help teach it too!

at least in the early grades. I have always used MUS but I am switching to BJU Math for my 3rd/4th grader. It is colorful, but not too distracting. It helps that I am using the Digital learning option to help teach it too!

What is the digital learning option?

We love Bob Jones Math here! I've used K5 & 1st so far and now today am starting 2nd. I started with Saxon but didn't like the approach as much and then came across Bob Jones. I love that it's mastery working on a topic for a chapter...yet there is lots of review. Each back page of the workbook has some review and then I also buy the Review workbook. I have my son do the review sheet each day and then teach the new lesson and have him do that lesson's workbook page. It's got stories that you read at the start of each chapter which my son loves. It also had hands on activities. You definately need the teacher's manual and realize that it's also used in the classroom setting so you have to adapt sometimes. It is the one curriculum that I've been really happy with and love to recommend. Good luck!

We're getting ready to start BJU online version for 1st & 2nd grades. It looks WONDERFUL, and my children can't wait to start next week. I think this will be such a refreshing change from CLE 1st grade that my DD did last year. I personally loved CLE, but she dreaded it and would get that glazed over look when the books came out. She won't complain, but a mama just knows when it's not right.:001_smile: BJU looks like just what we need and I love that a "real" teacher is presenting the concepts since I'm not at all mathy.:001_huh:

We're getting ready to start BJU online version for 1st & 2nd grades. It looks WONDERFUL, and my children can't wait to start next week. I think this will be such a refreshing change from CLE 1st grade that my DD did last year. I personally loved CLE, but she dreaded it and would get that glazed over look when the books came out. She won't complain, but a mama just knows when it's not right.:001_smile: BJU looks like just what we need and I love that a "real" teacher is presenting the concepts since I'm not at all mathy.:001_huh:

Hmmm, I'm liking the sound of this online version. My dd9 is multi-sensory and we've not had much luck with textbooks. We are doing Classical Conversations, but need math supplements. I'd love to try this for her.

have individual DVD or online courses, taught by certified BJU teachers. Unfortunately at this time, it isn't available for elementary courses. If you wanted to do all BJU, then you would have the DVD's for all subjects.

Before last year, BJU had HomeSat classes which I recorded from the satellite, so that is why I have a few individual math courses from them.

Even without the DVD's, I think BJU math is excellent and the TE are very user-friendly.

HTH!