Menu

AoPS Algebra class

Is anyone signed up for the Art of Problem Solving Algebra 1 class this fall?

If all goes well, we're planning on doing Alg 2 in the spring. I asked if they were planning on scheduling Alg 2 at a "homeschool friendly time" like Alg 1 this fall. They said they would add another time slot if they get enough enrollment for the Alg 1 class.

Would be interesting to see who else is signed up! :)

Hi Handmaiden,

Haven't talked to you in a while, but I'm delighted to hear of your decision - I hope your son enjoys the classes!

My dd is having a fabulous time TA'ing the Intro Algebra this summer (the Tuesday night section). The fast-paced questions of the kids really keep her on her toes. It's nice to hear that some of the WTM kids are discovering AoPS and enjoying it:)

~Kathy

Is anyone signed up for the Art of Problem Solving Algebra 1 class this fall?

If all goes well, we're planning on doing Alg 2 in the spring. I asked if they were planning on scheduling Alg 2 at a "homeschool friendly time" like Alg 1 this fall. They said they would add another time slot if they get enough enrollment for the Alg 1 class.

Would be interesting to see who else is signed up! :)

I'm glad to see kids are doing well with the program and they might be adding more classes! We're no help though as my eldest is planning to take Alg 1 in the spring.

My daughter is in the summer class, too. She's learning a lot and enjoys it. We're debating whether to do Algebra II in the fall. The class does take time, but I think my daughter was spending more than necessary because she was doing ALL the problems in the book as well as the message board problems and the challenge sets that are assigned in class. The teachers tell you that is not necessary to do all the problems in the book. Anyhow, I guess I'm going to hijack here, but all of you in the summer class, are your kids doing all the problems in the book as well as the assigned stuff for the class?

are your kids doing all the problems in the book as well as the assigned stuff for the class?

My son is not, definitely not..

We're at the pool all the time, where he's a leader (sorta like a lifeguard in training but with no official responsibilities). My son does the Challenging Set, and that's it. I push him to do the exercises in the forum, and he does, once in a while. I'm not even sure he reads the book!

Hi Handmaiden,

Haven't talked to you in a while, but I'm delighted to hear of your decision - I hope your son enjoys the classes!

My dd is having a fabulous time TA'ing the Intro Algebra this summer (the Tuesday night section). The fast-paced questions of the kids really keep her on her toes. It's nice to hear that some of the WTM kids are discovering AoPS and enjoying it:)

~Kathy

Hi Kathy! :seeya:

I've been wanting to email you, but I figured I would let you enjoy your summer with your daughter before she leaves. (You'll probably hear from me often after she's gone, LOL.)

My decision to sign up for AOPS was partly due to our conversations!

Hi Kathy! :seeya:

I've been wanting to email you, but I figured I would let you enjoy your summer with your daughter before she leaves. (You'll probably hear from me often after she's gone, LOL.)

My decision to sign up for AOPS was partly due to our conversations!

Yes, I'll have much more time come September...:001_huh:

I've been on the boards a lot today because dd is out of town for a few days. But other than that, we've been enjoying spending time together. The summer is going by much too fast!

~Kathy