Menu

Elemental Science ~ Anyone *not* follow the 5-times-a-week schedual?

Xuzi

Has anyone done a week of ES over two days instead of the schedualed five days? Was that too much science in one day for your kid? (My DD will be just-turned-6 when we start the biology program) Or do you find that your children are more successful with the program doing it 5 days a week?

Edited by Xuzi

My dd loved doing it five days a week, for the first two years (Bio & Earth Sci & Astronomy), but this year we are ending up doing more of a two day a week schedule. I'm currently working on adding a two day schedule to each of the grammar stage plans so that you can choose which works best for you. Biology will be the first one to have that done. I'll post something over on the yahoo group when it's ready. If all goes well, that should be around the end of August, but don't hold me to that because little man is taking up alot of my brain power right now :).

I'm doing Biology with my 6-year-old, and we are on week 8. We definitely compress the schedule every week, doing science either 2 or 3x per week. It really just depends, but it hasn't been a problem at all. We always combine the experiment with one of the reading selections. If the reading selection is short and my daughter is really interested, we read another section, which is how we've done two days sometimes. I don't think 2x every week would work for us, but that's both an attention issue for her (particularly in the plants--the book is amazing, but it's dense) and an "I don't want to schedule precisely" thing for me. ;)

I'm excited that there will be a schedule for 2x per week, though! That's definitely an awesome jumping point, so thanks, Paige, for taking the time to do this! :D

I haven't started it yet but my dd5 (soon to be 6) will be doing the elemental biology 2x a week. I have a tentative plan outlined right now that schedules 1 hour twice a week. From what I have looked through, I don't see how it will be any problem to get everything into the two days. We'll see how my plan plays out though.