Menu

Singapore Word Problems Book?

mystika1

Hi,

I am currently trying the 1b Textbook and Workbook for my 7 year old after a fellow home schooler with the same issues that we are facing spoke to me. After all this time struggling with math my daughter really loves SM! She asked me if we could do more worksheets today!(I almost fainted:D) Anyway, I noticed that they have a book with word problems and wanted opinions. I am using the us edition btw. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Any suggestions?

Penny

Most people recomend using the challenging word problems a year behind, so waiting until she is in the level 2 books to do the level 1 CWP. They are very tricky! I am not sure about the new word problem books, they are very new and I don't know if anyone has really used them much.

There are also Extra Practice books for each level, for kids who need more practice at the same level and Intensive Practice books which are harder than the workbooks.

I'd go ahead and start CWP 1. CWP doesn't get "tough" until Level 3, and it's good to have lots of practice before then. Don't be afraid to use manipulatives to help your child visualize what's going on in a problem.